Monday 11 April 2016

The Healthy Performer (7) (Programme)

This is the programme I have now incorporated into my lifestyle. I crafted this programme so it fits in with what I do, rather than me having to change everything I do around to fit to the programme; this therefore means that I am more likely to stick to the programme. To make this programme I began by drawing the grid with the days and filling it the exercise I already do (dance on wednesday and saturday, and singing on tuesday, saturday and sunday). Afterwards, I thought about what I want to improve and then worked out what exercises I would need to do in order to achieve my goals. I want to become physically fitter, thinner and more flexible. Dancing will help me become fitter, and so will singing (as I have to control my breathing, and therefore will be increasing my lung capacity, as well as strengthening my back muscles that are used for support and posture). To become thinner I am trying to become more toned, so will be doing exercises like planks, sit ups and leg raises. To improve my flexibility I shall do more stretches - I will do the warm ups that I do at my theatre school (Razzamataz Theatre School - or "Razz" as it is shortened to on my programme) - these stretches include triangle stretches, butterfly stretches and deep lunges.

I have a black book that I have written my measurements in, which I will update every monday - the purpose of this book is to keep track of my progress. I will also be making notes in this book: have I completed what was set on my programme / did I do more than what I had planned on my programme? This programme was originally intended for three weeks, however, I had to start this a week late due to a trip to New York. I will work with this programme for the two weeks, however I intend to keep this programme up until the end of sixth form. At the end of these two weeks, I will review my programme and make alterations to it to make it more challenging (e.g. increase the number of sit ups, or increase how long I hold the planks for), so I am still benefitting from it as much as I can.