Tuesday 25 April 2017

Site Specific (9) - Inspiration images

  1. I was intrigued by this image as it is from a modern adaptation of the play. It is from the 2016 Broadway revival. I would be intrigued to see what the production looked like as a whole as witchcraft is definitely not a modern thing. People aren't as superstitious or gullible nowadays.
  2. I liked the use of levels in this picture - it is similar to how we used different levels of staging in Sweeney Todd (our double workshop unit).
  3. I like the minimalistic set here. With complicated dialogue we don't want to have over-complicated set either - though at the same time we might need a bit more set to help the audience understand the setting and narrative.
  4. This looks like a 'typical' production of "The Crucible", as in it is costumes and the staging - it looks quite melodramatic. 
  5. This image is unlike my others as it is set outdoors - something that we will be able to in our site specific piece.
  6. I like the use of levels and restricted space - something we may be forced to do depending on the size of the rooms at our venue.
  7. This image intrigued me as they were all facing different directions on something that seemed to be suspended.
  8. The costumes looked effective and it seems like they were doing a physical theatre piece - something which I think we definitely should include in our piece.
  9. This version was performed in-the-round which I found interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment