Monday 3 April 2017

Workshop (31) - Audacity

I have now finished editing all the songs for Sweeney Todd! However, I could not find a backing track version of "the contest" anywhere, so we will have to ask our music teacher to play it for us and we shall record him playing it. Number 19, "potential ending", is what I thought we could use for the beginning of the final song. I couldn't find a backing track for the first section of this. Therefore, I got the epilogue backing track and realised that Lovett's sung parts can actually fit quite well to this track - it actually aids our intended creepy and tense atmosphere. We will need to work through this was Taylor in an additional rehearsal, but if we get the timing right, then Taylor's parts will have chimes underneath it. The dialogue would all fit perfectly over this track too, if timed right. The song crescendos leading to the part where the judge sits in the chair. Then I cut the track, and we would change in to the actual reprise of "Pretty Women".

No comments:

Post a Comment