Thursday 23 February 2017

Devising (15) - Completing the dialogue

In this lesson we almost completed our script for Lewis's scene. We still need to add in a few more interruptions to make it more natural. Lewis has decided what he shall do during this section of dialogue. He shall walk in with his suitcase, put it on the floor and slowly unpack it - folding his clothes up neatly from out of the bag.

Our piece so far:
  • First motif (Mental Health) - Ollie walking in, followed by Lewis -- COMPLETE
  • Rob's scene (Danny Cornelius) -- COMPLETE
  • Second motif (Mental Health) - Colours changing -- COMPLETE
  • My scene (Body images?) -- NOT STARTED
  • Third motif (Mental Health) - Chair puppetry -- NEEDS WORK
  • Lew's scene (Media) -- ALMOST COMPLETE
  • Fourth motif (Mental health) - Head Movements -- NEEDS WORK
My scene:   So far with my scene we have been through a couple of ideas. We firstly tried doing a piece about abortion, but soon decided against it as it was too similar to our mock devised piece "Chasing Pavements", that three quarters of our group were in. We then explored our idea of domestic violence to see where it would take us - we liked the techniques that we tried out, but were losing inspiration. As I am the only girl in the group, we wanted to do something with this, whilst playing off the idea of being haunted. Therefore, I thought of things that trouble me personally (and other girls around my age) - one of the things that came to mind was appearance - more specifically physique. As a self-conscious girl anyway, going in to an industry where your figure is important and you are watched and judged by other people seems ridiculous! I am struggling with body confidence and dread it when I have to wear tight-fitting and revealing costumes. Moreover, thanks to the media and how body image is presented through it, many girls my age have the same worries and stress about their weight and size and general appearance. I thought that we could create a scene that presents this idea - I am aware that it is very similar to the media idea of Lewis's scene, but thought that we might be able to adapt this for my scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment