Friday 4 March 2016

Devised Unit - Chasing Pavements (18) (Party Scene)

Robert wasn't in this lesson so we decided to make our party scene. We had already decided that Robert and Katya were going to do the narration for this scene in a comical style (as Ollie and I have already had a scene of [dark] comedy dialogue, whilst Katya and Robert haven't had a comical scene yet), whilst Ollie and I do the movement side. Therefore Ollie and I began choreographing this scene, whilst Katya began scriptwriting. Katya decided that she wanted the narration to be told as if it were children reading a story, as this would symbolise the naivety of the teenagers, and present their "silly" behaviour. To create a massive contrast between the children's fairy tale and the party, I created a more sexual and dark movement phrase. We decided to use the song "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé as it is very upbeat and a tune that we can party to, and we can then use the version of "Crazy in Love" from the "50 Shades of Grey" film as it is a slower and more sexual version of the song. We thought that I could mix the two tracks, starting with the Beyoncé version and then cutting to the "50 Shades of Grey" version. This change in tempo would symbolise our characters becoming more drunk and disorientated. Ollie will teach me "how to freestyle" as if we were at a party for the Beyoncé version of the piece (as I don't really know what to do in this section!), whilst in this lesson, I create a movement section to the slow version. My movements were very flirtatious and sexual whilst I choreographed Ollie's movements to be a little bit aggressive and powerful. The majority of the time, Ollie and I perform the same movements (to show that we are equally as intoxicated as each other), but my character has more provocative movements to show that she lead him on and encouraged him. Next lesson, we shall show Robert what we did and fit in him to this scene.