Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Healthy Performer (1) (Introduction)

This lesson was our first lesson of our new unit: The Healthy Performer. We spent this lesson in the school's weights gym, and learnt about all of the different equipment there - how to use it and what parts of the body it works. We used the gym equipment to mainly work our arms and also our chests as well. We also did exercises on the floor with medicine balls to strengthen our cores and our arms as well. Our squat exercises with the bar would strengthen our legs and our backs. Below is the first draft of my programme to get fitter and improve what I want to:






The weights would work out different muscles depending on what exercises I chose to do. However, though I may be aiming to improve my arms, for example, whilst doing weights, I would also be working my chest and partially my legs too. The running programme would improve my stamina and my lung capacity. The flexibility programme would obviously improve the elasticity of my muscles and overtime increase my endurance too. Ballet improves your core, flexibility, balance, stamina, alignment and posture. Boxercise would help burn fat and increase our heart rates, and therefore our overall fitness levels.