Sunday 6 December 2015

Theatre for Children (17) (Preparation)

Preparing for tomorrow...

I have worked out how to make my individual transition from the "Cider Cellar" scene into "The Great Feast" scene smoother. As I need to get changed from Rat back into Fox Cub, it would make sense to have my costumes on the correct side. Therefore, as I pick up the stall from USC and move it to DSR and then walk offstage, I shall take the fox ears with me, hidden by the stall. As I am offstage to pick up the cider jar, I shall put the ears to the side. After the scene has finished, I shall take the stall offstage momentarily for me to take the rat mask off and put the ears on, and then go back on stage with the stall to put it in the correct place again. This means I would not have to go on stage in all blacks; I will be a character at all times whilst on the stage.

Furthermore, I have come up with an idea which I shall share with the group tomorrow. At the end of the performance tomorrow, I thought it would be nice if the children wanted their pictures taken with the characters. The school could either take them, or our teacher could take them (as she is CRB  checked but we aren't) and she could email them across. I thought this would be nice for the children, and the pictures could be put in their school newsletter or something similar.