Thursday 19 May 2016

Contemporary Theatre (16) (Prologue)

Today we completed our prologue! We began our lesson by adding Oliver and Rob into what we had so far (as they were not in this lesson). We couldn't do the lifts today though as Hope and Charlie were absent due to exams. Below is what we did for the rest of our prologue and why:
  • After the lift move to two parallel lines - organised formation to show unity
  • Move heads from left to right in a jagged motion - as if  our faces were CCTV cameras
  • Bend down and tie shoe lace - to emphasise unity and control of the Party
  • Push and slide back on floor - show force and strength of Party
  • Charlie and I stand holding sheet, Kat runs into it - Kat is breaking the mould and trying to get out of the control of the Party. The sheet represents the strength of the Party and shows society is trapped.
  • Hands push into the sheet - shows no amount of strength can defeat the power of the Party
  • The sheet is dropped and a straight line is formed with Kat at the front - Kat has been "cured" and the line shows there are hundreds like her but no one can escape.
  • Series of arms out in different directions and at different heights - shows the Party supporters 
  • Everyone moves to either side, apart from me who stays centre looking up at the projection - The lines represent unity; I am observing the Party's work. No one notices me.
  • Everyone walks around me then leaves - I am trapped in the middle. The world turns on around me whilst I stand and observe all.
  • The play begins with me centre stage as the Voice.