Wednesday 4 May 2016

The Healthy Performer (9) (Leaflet - "What's in the body?")


On my leaflet, I decided to break the information down into three sections: joints, muscles and bones. I decided to do this as they are the three main structures that primarily allow the body to move.

On my joint page, I gave a general point about joints (the importance of them) and three examples of joints that I think are most important to dancers (hips, ankles and shoulders). I also decided to write about when people crack their joints, as many people argue over whether you should or not. I found this section quite interesting as I click my own joints and often get told by my mum that I shouldn't as it will cause arthritis.

On my muscles page I wrote about the dancers core, arms, legs, and hips & gluteal muscles. I put the information and diagram of the core at the top of the page as it is extremely important to dancers. I then put the information on arms and the information on legs next to each other as they are both limbs. I then put the hips and gluteal muscles at the bottom as they are the foundation of turnout .

At the top of my bones page, I wrote a general paragraph describing what the bones do. I did this because not many people know that the bones are used as storage as well, and they may find this quite interesting. I then wrote about the spine and the pelvis as these two structures are very important in dance, as well as everyday living. At the bottom I wrote a small section on the general health of dancers, and the effect that malnourishment can have on the bones.