Friday 20 May 2016

The Healthy Performer (12) (Self-assessment Record)

I designed my programme to improve my flexibility, core strength and to make me more toned. I decided to record my measurements to track my progress on my route to getting thinner and I took photographs to see my improvement in terms of flexibility. I recorded my measurements every monday of the three week programme - I did four sets of measurements in the end: my starting measurements, the beginning of the second week, the beginning of the third week and my final result.

First week:
I found this week okay. I kept my motivation up as it was the start of my programme and I was looking forward to the changes I was going to make. The programme fit quite well into my lifestyle and was achievable. I ached a little bit as I wasn't use to putting so much demand on my core so I was grateful for the days where I had less sit ups on no planks. I found the planks quite challenging, therefore I needed to do more exercises for my core (for example, side balance crunches).

Second week:
In this week my motivation dropped a little bit and I had a busy week so found it difficult to fit everything in. As I had begun to walk to school and back every day, I decided to skip the leg raisers as they worked my legs as well as my core, and I felt that I needed to focus on my core as my legs are already quite strong.

Third week:
This week my motivation had improved again as I knew it was my last week to make additional improvements. I have become more flexible and have become thinner. My core strength has slightly improved, but I could have included different types of core exercises to see which ones benefit me the most.