Monday 16 May 2016

The Healthy Performer (11) (Programme Explanation)

The image on the left shows the first week of my programme. On this page I have also explained what the "arms" and "flexibility" sections include. The image on the right shows the second and third week of my programme. I needed to increase the number of sit-ups, the length of the planks and the length of the flexibility sections to improve myself, otherwise I would find the programme too easy. If I had just kept the programme the same, I would begin to find the exercises easy, so by increasing the difficulty, I was constantly working harder and improvements would become more visible sooner. To ensure I was applying safe practice in my flexibility sections, I had to ensure I had done a warm up before undergoing my stretches and check that my alignment was correct during the stretched themselves. To apply safe practice to the planks, I had to ensure my elbows were directly under my shoulders and my back was straight - this was to reduce risk of injury to my back. Before doing any dance, I ensured the studio was hazard free and warmed up to reduce risk of injury.