Tuesday 12 July 2016

Contemporary Theatre (34) (Run)

For today's lesson we were planning on doing a full run-through, but we were missing Rhiannon and Charlie so this became very difficult. We ran the piece from the beginning up until page 60. We stopped the run here as we were having issues with lines. We then skipped forwards a few pages to run the interrogation. 

What we have left to do before our performance:
  • LEARN LINES!
  • Decorate C5 ready for the performance (posters on walls)
  • Do a costume run
  • Do a full run without scripts
  • Rehearse with props
  • Rehearse with sound and lighting (as there are a lot of cues)

Hair: I have now worked out how to style my hair for tomorrow. I have looked at a lot of images on Google of "1940s hairstyles". I discovered that women either used head scarfs, had pin-ups with rolls, or down with rolls and curls. As I do not own rollers, I experimented by using and gripping in a loo roll to get the right shape, though found this was very unstable. I then tried doing the roll with purely hair grips - however, I then found that doing a quiff worked just as well and looked the same. I will be doing one large quiff at the front of my hairline, and will do two smaller quiffs (one on either side of my head) and have the rest of my hair down with the ends curled.