Thursday 14 July 2016

Contemporary Theatre (35) (Final rehearsals)

Periods 1 & 2:
  • We attempted to do a full run through. However, some people did not know their lines and the run was coming to a standstill, so we decided to draw this rehearsal to a close.
  • We sent Rob and Rhiannon off to go through all of their scenes together, whilst the rest of us covered books with a 1984 cover so we all have a "copy" for the Book Club.
  • Posters of the Party's slogans were printed ready to be put up. They were printed on A3 paper so the audience could clearly see them and also so we could cover the curtains more.
Periods 3 & 4:
  • In these periods we put up all of the posters with duct tape. We put them at different heights and at different angles to make the place look messy, chaotic and dystopian. Unfortunately, the posters kept falling down due to the duct tape getting to hot because of the lights.
  • Charlie went to his house (as he lives just around the corner from the school) to pick up props that we needed - a tray, wine glasses, biscuits, chocolate, lunch box, crisps, blood capsules, etc.
  • We began our second full run-through but although there was a great improvement, there were still sections that were dodgy due to people forgetting lines still, so we decided to cut these scenes / small sections (if it made sense to do so). 
Periods 5 & 6:
  • We got into costume and continued with the rest of our run-through.
  • We took photographs.
  • We put the posters back up again but this time with pins.
  • We ran the movement sections.
Costume:
I wore this dress and theses shoes because they were the right style and they suited my character. I styled with my hair with victory rolls and curls as this is what I learned from my research. I did try doing a sweeping fringe into a roll but decided against it as it made me look a lot younger. I made sure I did a lot of rehearsals in my heels to ensure that I could do the physical theatre sections comfortably. I wish I did a rehearsal earlier in my dress as it completely changed my posture and restricted my movements. My petticoat rode up quite a lot and became very difficult to move with. If I had practiced in the dress more, then I could have pinned my petticoat to the actual skirt of the dress.