Thursday 29 September 2016

Auditions (10) - Othello Monologue

For this lesson I had to have learnt one monologue off by heart and have another one prepared. Unfortunately, we only had time to do one monologue this lesson, so we performed our learned ones.

Below is the feedback I was given for my first attempt:
  • Acted it well
  • Read to the punctuation well instead of to the end of the line
  • One line needed care ("palettes for both sweet and dour") - I stumbled on my words slightly which put me off
  • Convincing. Clearly new the meaning. Understandable
  • Watch diction at times
  • Try it again but as if talking to a friend
Below is the feedback for my second attempt:
  • Much preferred it as if talking to a friend
  • More convincing
  • Don't go too quiet, just because you're talking to one person
As we didn't get a chance to perform our second monologue this lesson, we have been asked to learn it ready for next lesson. Below are the notes I made for my character:
  • Playing age: 30s - 40s
  • Francis' love interest
  • "Charlie Clench's bossy, voluptuous and feminist secretary"
  • Commedia dell'arte equivalent is Columbina
  • Note from the same website from which I got the monologue: "Dolly has just watched Pauline Clench and Alan Dangle argue about Pauline's innocence and purity"
  • Alan is a wannabe actor; Pauline is pretty and stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment