Friday 27 November 2015

The Flint Street Nativity - Play, by Tim Firth (13) (Songs)

Today we continues working on songs. However, this time we found some backing tracks to try them to.

Rhiannon and I sang through our song "A Way To Kill Mary". It is to the tune of "Away in a Manger", which my character sings the traditional lyrics, whilst the character of Gabriel sings/speaks her own alternative lyrics. I have to sing the first two verses, then I play the next verse on my recorder, and then the verse after that I "la" and dance to, and the final verse I sing again. We tried this to two different backing tracks, both in a different key, but I realised that it has to be the original key as I am playing it on recorder and can only place it in that key.

Afterwards, Robert and I sang our song "Watch How Mummy Does It". This parody is to the tune of "Once it Royal David's City". We managed to improve our song a lot from last lesson, as we managed to make sense of more of the song, and almost got the ending correct. However, we still aren't confident on the ending, so will go through this together.

Afterwards, we sang through the song "Massive Newt", which is to the tune of "Silent Night". We also staged it this lesson too. We didn't have much to do on this song as we did this last lesson.

Finally we did the adult song "I Wish", which has choruses from "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" and the solo parts are to the tune of the characters child's solo. We managed this song okay last lesson, so today we decided to stage it. We worked out that during every chorus, the cast will move around, perhaps getting a mince pie or pouring another glass of wine. Whenever someone has a solo they move forward into a particular one of the three spot lights. When everyone leaves just before my solo, I end up on stage and sing my solo sitting down, depressed. The scene between Ollie and I then  takes place and then there is a little bit more of the song, however, we didn't have time to stage this part today.

No comments:

Post a Comment