Monday 9 November 2015

Theatre for Children (8) (Scene list)

Scene list & Characters involved

  1. THE THREE FARMERS:
    LF   /   RA   /   JBC (f)
  2. MR FOX: 
    CS   /   RD   /   LC   /   JBC (fc)
  3. PLAN FOR SHOOTING & THE SHOOTING:
    LF   /   RA   /   JBC (f)   /   CS
  4. THE TERRIBLE SHOVELS, TRACTORS & THE RACE:
    CS   /   RD   /   LC   /   JBC (fc)
  5. "WE'LL NEVER LET HIM GO":
    LF   /   RA   /   JBC (f)
  6. STARVATION STARTS & MR FOX'S PLAN:
    CS   /   RD   /   LC
  7. BOGGIS' CHICKEN HOUSE NO.1:
    CS   /   JBC   /   LC
  8. A SURPRISE FOR MRS FOX:
    RD   /   LC
  9. BADGER:
    CS   /   JBC (fc)   /    OK (b)
  10. BUNCE'S STOREHOUSE & BADGER HAS DOUBTS:
    CS   /   JBC   /   OK (b)
  11. BEAN'S SECRET CIDER CELLAR & THE WOMAN:
    CS   /   LC (r)   /   JBC (fc)   /   OK (b)
  12. THE GREAT FEAST:
    LF (r)   /   RA (w)   /   JBC (fc)   /   CS   /   RD   /   LC   /   OK (b)
  13. STILL WAITING:
    LF   /   RA   /   JBC (f)
As there were issues with costume changes and timing, I have worked out a way to ensure everyone is in the right place at the right time and in the right costume. As James is a farmer in Scene 5, he wouldn't have time to get changed to a fox cub for Scene 6. Therefore he doesn't have to be in this scene as Charlie (Mr Fox) could ask me (cub) "where's your brother?" and I'd say that he wasn't feeling well, which could then spark off the argument between Mr and Mrs Fox. So James doesn't magically appear in Scene 7 as a cub, at the end of Scene 6 Charlie could say to me to get my brother as "we have work to do". Moreover, I would be the cub that goes home to Mrs Fox to enable me to get changed into my rat costume ready for Scene 11. I shall put forward this idea next lesson.