Monday 6 June 2016

Individual Unit (1) (Proposal)

I have decided to do my special subject investigation on musical theatre as I want to pursue a career in it. Therefore, by getting an in-depth knowledge of the history of musical theatre I would get a better
understanding of the arts. I shall also research the important musical theatre figures and the different types of musicals as to be able to create a timeline of musical theatre from music hall to musicals today. By understanding music hall thoroughly, I would be able to understand the transition from music hall to the musicals we know today better. I will also research different types of shows to be able to make a timeline of the history of musical theatre including significant figures. I could do primary research on popularity of different types of musicals by putting a question poll, asking what people's favourite type of musical is, on the twitter site that is targeted at musical theatre fans (https://twitter.com/justmusicalpoll). Moreover, I shall do an in-depth comparative study of Broadway and West End (including facts and statistics) to be able to make a dual timeline to compare them both and how they advanced and developed.