Thursday 30 June 2016

Individual Unit (11) (Making the timeline - drafts)

Before doing my research, I had done some designs on how I would lay out my timeline (http://lornaclarkra.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/individual-unit-2-timeline-layout-plan.html), however since doing the research, I have realised that my design will have to change. This is because there are a lot more dates involved than I had anticipated, and also, I am including a lot more different sections of information that I had originally intended.

To begin working out how I would lay out my timeline, I wrote down all of the dates from my research blogs and a couple of words on what this date was. I then re-wrote this list in chronological order. By doing this, I was ensuring that I wouldn't miss any dates out and would be able to leave plenty of room to include all of these dates. I then managed to make another draft on how to lay my timeline out. I quickly realised that I would have to group a lot of dates together. I decided to put the different topics in the right place on my timeline, but write the information about this topic in the same box, regardless of the dates. This was the easiest and clearest way to present my information as all of the information about one topic was in one place. The image at the top shows my first draft.

After completing this draft, I realised that my "Twitter" section could be moved down (as it doesn't need to connect to the actual timeline) allowing the "Music Hall" section to become below the timeline. This meant that I could have a bigger Broadway section and could have West End and Broadway next to each other. I then realised that there was a big gap between West End and Broadway - I wanted to fill this gap and realised that a comparison between the two would be appropriate due to the positioning of this on the timeline. Therefore I shall do a research blog on the difference between Broadway and West End. Any other gaps shall be filled with images to improve the overall aesthetics of my display.