Wednesday 5 October 2016

Auditions (11) - One Man Two Guvnors Monologue

In this lesson I chose to perform my monologue from "One Man Two Guvnors". I wanted to do a completely new monologue to give me a wider range of monologues to choose from for my performance.

The positive feedback I received after performing this monologue was that I had a good use of volume. I also understood what the monologue was about and what my character was thinking.

However, if I were to perform this monologue again, I would make it a bit more conversational and natural, and annotate the monologue to know where I would vary my voice more.

For next lesson we have to prepare a monologue of our choice - it can be one we have already done or a completely new one. However, we need to start making decisions to choose the monologue we shall perform. My two favourite monologues I have done are the "Assassins" monologue and the "Doll's House" one. I will be working on both of these more in lessons to come to decide which one I shall use for our first performance. Next lesson I shall work on my "Assassins" monologue, as I have worked on the "Doll's House" monologue more recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment