Thursday 13 October 2016

Business (10) - Task D - Preparing for Mountview

"Round 1:  Two contrasting songs from the musical theatre repertoire at no more than two minutes each. Bring sheet music in the correct key. Prepare one Shakespeare monologue and one contemporary monologue (after 1979) from published plays at no more than two minutes each. They must be performed in your own accent and the character must be your gender and close to your age. You will also take part in a dance class (involving warm-ups, stretches, corn work and a short routine)." - http://lornaclarkra.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/business-8-task-c-mountview-research.html

I am not going to audition for Mountview, but below is what I would have prepared if I was going to audition.
Two contrasting songs:
  • "Wishing you were somehow here again" from Phantom of the Opera.
  • "Rain on my parade" from Funny Girl.
  • The songs are contrasting. The first piece is quite classical and is sung by Christine at her father's grave. The second is a belting song sung by Fanny, who just wants to perform.
Shakespeare monologue:
  • The Emilia monologue from Othello that I learned for my Auditions unit. The character profile I made for this monologue is on the following blog - http://lornaclarkra.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/auditions-7-character-profiles.html. The reason I would do this monologue is because I am very familiar with the play that it is from, and I can connect to the character because I share similar views to her.
Contemporary monologue:
  • The monologue from The Power of the Dog spoken by the character Lisa. This monologue is a comedy monologue and the character is my age. Also, it is in my own accent. The play was published in 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment