Wednesday 12 October 2016

AAS (13) - "He's Talking"

In this lesson we performed the first scene of "He's Talking". Before we could film this scene though we worked on our voices and polished our movement. In terms of voice, we had to sound more posh when we were speaking as our characters are all rather wealthy and quite spoilt. We decided against having South African accents as we knew that we would be worrying about them so much and so would not be focussing on our movement or characterisation. When speaking, we had to ensure that we didn't sound too posh or speak with too low a pitch so we didn't sound too old.

Our movements had to be really naturalistic as this scene is naturalistic. We had to really think about our characters to know how we should sit. My character is quite confident so I slouched back a little bit and crossed my legs. I sat still for the majority of the time as there was no need for me to move and also I think my character is quite refined and just wants everything to be out in the open and clear.

The majority of us found that this style was our favourite as we could really think about our characters and aim to become them and portray them most convincingly. 
The two videos that made up our scene. Unfortunately, Charlie was not in today so we didn't have a Miles. In rehearsals, our teacher stood in for Charlie, but due to recording she completely forgot to come in, so we did this in two halves.

I have enjoyed this acting style the most so far as I have been able to do a lot of research into the play and my character. I have enjoyed trying to understand my character and then trying to portray them convincingly. I have enjoyed learning about Stanislavski's techniques to beomcing a character - for example, the "magic if's" and the seven questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment