Sunday 23 October 2016

Auditions (15) - First Monologue Performance

Audition how I had rehearsed it:
  • I managed to maintain my accent throughout
  • I stayed in role throughout
  • I think I used pauses quite effectively
  • I included the movement on the line "how could he have done?" as suggested. However, I don't think this looked very natural as it didn't feel natural as I am so used to how I used to act it 
  • I don't think I was as convincing as I have been at being high due to my tone of voice
Conversation:
  • I showed that I knew what the entire play involves (rather than just my monologue)
  • I stumbled on my words saying why I chose my monologue. I should have thought about my answer to this previously so I knew how to phrase it
Re-direction   -   As if I was angry at who I was speaking to. Talking to the camera:
  • I wasn't sure whether to do this in the accent or not, but I decided to challenge myself and go for it. If I performed this in my normal voice I think I would have done better as I could have focussed more on my face, tone and movement, rather than worrying about my accent.
  • I also wasn't sure if I should play it as if I was high or not still. I decided that I wouldn't be high as when taking marijuana you are more chilled out, and as my character was angry, I guessed she wouldn't have been high at this point. I should have considered this monologue with different emotions as to make these decisions earlier rather than getting flustered in the moment.
  • I could have done more with my facial expressions, bearing in mind that this was for camera and not stage. I think I should have filmed myself in rehearsal, zoomed in to my upper body more, as to make myself focus on my facial expressions more, rather than just my body language as a whole. 
  • Although I didn't maintain my accent very well throughout, I think that I portrayed my character's anger through my use of tone and volume. I had a lower tone and emphasised certain words more.

No comments:

Post a Comment