Friday 11 November 2016

Business (13) - Task D - Preparing for GSA

ROUND 1:
"Perform one Musical Theatre song of no more than three minutes. Needs to be age appropriate. Bring sheet music and full piano accompaniment. Character and show needs to be researched in detail." - http://lornaclarkra.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/business-6-task-c-gsa-research.html

Musical Theatre songs for sopranos that I like: 
  • "Think of Me" from "The Phantom of the Opera"
  • "Summertime" from "Porgy and Bess"
  • "Greenfinch and Linnet Bird" from "Sweeney Todd"
  • "Wishing you were Somehow Here Again" from "The Phantom of the Opera"
  • "No one mourns the Wicked" from "Wicked"
  • "If I were a bell" from "Guys and Dolls"
  • "Don't forget me" from "Smash"
  • "Where Did The Rock Go?" from "School of Rock"
I have decided that I am going to sing "Wishing you were Somehow Here Again" from "The Phantom of the Opera". The character who sings this song, Christine, is about my age and sings this song to her dead father at his grave. I chose this song as it shows a good range vocally, as well as being very emotionally demanding, so would enable me to show that I can remain in character and be convincing whist maintaining my vocal technique. Whilst singing this I have to remember the context - the fact that the Phantom is watching her and he is kind of the father-figure in her life.


ROUND 2:
"Perform a one minute solo dance of any style. Bring music on a CD. Perform the same song from round one again, plus perform a song from the list given by GSA. Prepare two contrasting modern speeches (post 1950) at no more than two minutes each. One should be in your own accent." - http://lornaclarkra.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/business-6-task-c-gsa-research.html

No comments:

Post a Comment