Thursday 17 November 2016

AAS (28) - PP&T - Sixth Form Open Evening

Tonight was the Sixth Form Open Evening. The Year 12 and Year 13 performing Arts classes were asked to help out during this evening. Henri and Cameron from Year 12 performed their duet from "Rent", "What You Own". This song went really well (although they were unsure on their harmonies) and the Year 11's, visiting with their parents, who came in to watch were impressed.

Ollie Kelly and I performed our first scene from "People, Places and Things" several times throughout the evening. All the time I wasn't performing this scene, I walked around in character. As I was in costume, and not in PA uniform, I thought I should stay with another student in PA uniform to show that I wasn't a random person, and was in fact a student remaining in role. The person I stayed with all evening was Ollie - I thought this was a good idea as his character in "PP&T" has to look after my character anyway. This therefore forced Ollie to act as his character as he felt like he had to look after me.

I stayed in character all evening, regardless of who I was talking to. Therefore, I had to improvise constantly thus keeping in the mind set of my character - whilst altering my use of language and tone for different people I was speaking to (i.e. for families with younger children I would keep my language 100% clean and tone down my character a bit, as it were; whilst if it were just a year 11 and parent, then I would keep my characters tone). By having to improvise around different scenarios, I gained a better understanding of my character as I had to consider what she would do and how she would act in different circumstances.

I really enjoyed this evening as I managed to gain a better understanding of my character, get used to my character's body as it were (i.e. how she moves around) and make people laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment