Thursday 17 November 2016

Musical Theatre (19) - Random songs

We began with our normal vocal warm up and then did the following:
  • "Seasons of Love":   The first time we did this was okay, but it was lacking energy thus making the vocals sound a little bit flat in places. It was also just a bit boring to watch as we didn't have enough enthusiasm. Therefore, we did it again and really increased our energy and thought about what we were singing thus altering our facial expressions and making the vocals sound brighter and therefore not flat.
  • "Take Me or Leave Me":   Alice and I wanted to do this song today as we were both in the mood for it. I always get anxious about this number as I am not a natural belter. Moreover, I find my harmonies at the end on the final "take me baby" really challenging as I struggle to pitch it. However, this went surprisingly well today as I managed to get the harmonies right. Our next step for this song will be to stage it.
  • "Tango Maureen":   Cameron and I did this today with out focus on the movement as we haven't done the dance in a little while. We are still struggling a little bit with singing this number and dancing at the same time - especially after realising how much we have to project this so people at the back of the audience would be able to hear. Therefore, if we don't get this by Wednesday, we shall simplify the dance.
  • "Rent":   This number went really well today having worked on it a lot on Wednesday. We didn't need to do this for a second time today as we remembered all of our movement and the harmonies were all okay.
  • "I'll Cover You":   Owen and Lewis sang through "I'll Cover You" today and added a bit of movement. They sang through it a couple of times to ensure that their harmonies were okay. The next step for this number is to really work on their relationship and add convincing movement to it.
  • "I'll Cover You Reprise":    Lewis sang this through a couple of times today. I think he did really well at this, especially bearing in mind he is not a confident singer! He captured a lot of emotion for this piece too. Now that Lewis has sung through his parts, our next step is to add in all of the ensemble singing and then block it.
  • "Santa Fe":   We are now feeling really comfortable with this number as we have done it several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment