Friday 11 November 2016

Musical Theatre (16) - "Tango: Maureen" edit

Screenshot number one shows me highlighting the introduction ready to cut it. If we had a long introduction of silence, and we cued the music for after a certain line of dialogue, it then wouldn't come on when we wanted it to - therefore I deleted the introduction.

The second screenshot has the section of Mark's spoken dialogue explaining where he learned to tango. Unfortunately, although this was the best backing track I could find, you can hear the singers faintly. When Cameron and I are singing, this will not be a problem as we will be singing over them - however, if Cameron spoke his dialogue at a different speed or timing, then the vocal on the track would be heard. Therefore I silenced this part of the track.  The third screenshot shows the Audacity programme with the track silenced where I wanted it to be.



Prior to this fourth screenshot, I highlighted and then deleted the section of the dance break that we didn't want. However, I felt that we needed a bit longer before the chord before my lyric "he cheated". Therefore I highlighted a short section of silence in the track and then pasted it.
The sixth screenshot shows the end of the track and the silence that follows. I decided to leave the section of silence on at the end as this would give whoever shall play the music for us more time to pause the music. By having a long pause at the end, we can ensure that it will not run straight into the next track and can be stopped in plenty of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment