Thursday 17 November 2016

AAS (27) - PP&T - Dress run

In this lesson we ran our entire scene a few times in costume. Although we are not going to be performing these scenes for a while (and should hopefully have some more time on them after working on our other scenes that we are starting soon) we thought we should have a few runs in costume now, as the costume changes have to be done very quickly. Below is what I have chosen for each of my costumes and why:

Page 22 - 31:
  • Skin-coloured lingerie body suit
  • Hospital gown not visible underneath the actual costume
  • Black jogging bottoms
  • Grey zipped hoodie
  • Nike Junior Air Huaraches  
The reason I am wearing a lingerie body suit is to ensure that I only take off the layers that I need when I get changed. I will wear the hospital gown (i.e. my Nan's nightie) underneath the hoodie and joggers to make the quick change even quicker, thus meaning our blackout doesn't have to last as long. It is also for this reason that I am wearing a zipped hoodie. If I wore a normal hoodie that I had to take off over my head, then there would be the risk of my hospital gown coming off as well. The jogging bottoms are really baggy to make me look scruffier. I chose to wear my Huaraches as I don't need to do the laces up on these - they can slip on and off allowing me to have a quicker change. Moreover, because the souls and bottom section of the trainers are white, they look scruffier than plain black trainers.

Page 32 - 42:
  • Skin-coloured lingerie body suit
  • Hospital gown
I am keeping the lingerie body suit on for the entire piece as I need it for the final scene. I am also wearing it as the nightie is almost see-through. The nightie looks like a hospital gown because it is white with pale blue spots on it. The fact that the hospital gown is such a contrast to my first costume shows that my character is so out of place and is feeling really lost.




Page 42 - 45:
  • Skin-coloured lingerie body suit
  • Purple joggers
  • Men's black vest top
In this scene, I walk in in my previous costume and then get changed on stage during this scene into the costume stated above. As this change is visible to the audience, I decided to buy myself a lingerie body suit as I didn't want to show my belly and thought it would be more appropriate to be more covered up. The purple joggers are tighter fitting than my black joggers to show that my character has a changed mental state due to her starting her treatment and going cold turkey. The vest top is over-sized to suggest she feels out of her depth and lost. It also makes me look smaller and therefore more vulnerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment