Friday 11 November 2016

AAS (25) - PP&T - Decisions & Details

We ran through our piece in its entirety a few times. We really focussed on our characters at first and then decided we would break it down into sections and work on movement. We knew that we wouldn't be able to do every scene in this lesson so we decided to just work on the first scene between Ollie and I. We worked out where I should get up and where I should sit. We also decided to work out where I should have my back to him and when we should change the distance between each other. All annotations are on my script, but below are the main points:
  • Pg 26   -   "how about we check you in first and / then you can" (Foster)   -   We discussed whether Foster should move closer on this line or stay where he was. Although moving closer to her would show Foster's determination to get her to stay, it might frighten Emma and make her want to leave more, therefore we decided that he should stay where he was.
  • Pg 29   -   "trying to fill your bingo card" (Emma)   -  We thought that at this point I should walk over to Ollie and lean on the desk as if I'm trying to read what he is saying. We knew we wanted me to come closer to him so on my line "I drove", I could then turn away and begin to walk back. We thought this would bring out the comedy element of the piece more as it shows that my character is being quite open now and not really caring what she is saying. The comedy aspect is in the fact that she doesn't see anything wrong with the fact that she just drove herself to the institution. 
  • Pg 30   -   "I'm actually quite healthy. I know I'm not giving that impression" (Emma)   -   We thought that I could walk back to the chair and either collapse into the chair or trip up on the walk over to the chair, between the two lines. This would being the comedy aspect out a little bit more. There is only a little bit of comedy in this piece, but this comes from all of the characters being deadly serious and quite natural. However, we thought it would be good timing to fit a little bit of ironic movement in here. Comedy is very important in a depressing scene as it lightens the mood at times, thus preventing the whole thing being really depressing.
We don't feel like we really need to spend much time working on the movement for mine and Hope's scene as I remain sitting on the table for its entirety, whilst Hope will move around freely. The only movement we need to work on in this scene is with the nurses - they just need to know what they should be doing at certain moment - e.g. when do they need to take my blood pressure, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment